Every financial institution or creditor that offers or maintains one or more covered accounts must develop and implement a written Identity Theft Prevention Program (Program) that is designed to detect, prevent, and mitigate identity theft in connection with the opening of a covered account or any existing covered account. The Program must be appropriate to the size and complexity of the financial institution or creditor and the nature and scope of its activities.
This Red Flag Identity Theft: The Program online training course shows you to effectively implement and utilize a Red Flags program at your bank and help stop identity theft. This course will provide you with the information you need to implement and maintain a fully compliant Red Flags Identity Theft Prevention Program at your bank.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Red Flag Identity Theft: The Program course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the necessary components of a Red Flags Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Establish a Red Flags Identity Theft Prevention Program at your bank
- Understand the change of address policies your bank is required to have as a part of its Red Flags Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Implement proper Red Flags Identity Theft Prevention Program training policies for staff at your bank
This online Red Flag Identity Theft: The Program course is made up of the following sections:
- Establishing the Program
- Change of Address Requirements
- Recordkeeping and Enforcement
- Fraud Alerts
- Notice of possible identity theft
This Red Flag Identity Theft: The Program online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.