Elder financial abuse refers to the illegal or unauthorized use of an older person’s funds, property, or assets through fraud, coercion, deceit, or other means. To combat this kind of abuse effectively, it is important to understand how it occurs, who is vulnerable, detecting abuse, and reporting it.
Elder financial abuse is an issue all banks need to take seriously. It can occur in many different ways. In order to properly combat the financial abuse of elders at your bank, it is important to understand the ways financial abuse can occur.
This Elder Financial Abuse online training course will show you the many ways financial abuse of elders occurs and what you can do to prevent it.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Elder Financial Abuse course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the different forms of elder financial abuse
- Understand how elder financial abuse commonly happens
- Implement policies and procedures at your bank to detect
- elder financial abuse
- React to elder financial abuse by contacting the proper Authorities
- Help prevent elder financial abuse at your bank
This online Elder Financial Abuse course is made up of the following sections:
- What Can Happen?
- How It Happens?
- Detecting Elder Financial Abuse
- Reacting to elder financial abuse
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse
- Developing customer relationships
- Providing education programs
This Elder Financial Abuse online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.