Regular inspections help keep your workplace free of hazards and dangers to workers. Managers, supervisors, and members of health and safety committees are required by law to do inspections. This Workplace Inspections online training course explains how to effectively prepare, conduct, and document inspections, and the importance of follow-up. This course will explore the following key topics; how inspections contribute to workplace health and safety, legal requirements, establishing checklists and procedures for your workplace, how to conduct an inspection, and making effective recommendations.
The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Workplace Inspections course, the user will learn to:
- Explain how inspections contribute to workplace health and safety
- Identify common workplace hazards
- Describe how employers, supervisors, workers, and health and safety committee members contribute to the inspection process
- Participate in the preparation of inspection checklists/protocols for your workplace
- Conduct more effective workplace inspections
This online Workplace Inspections course is made up of the following sections:
- Types of inspections and who participates
- Understanding hazards and preventive measures
- Preparing for inspections
- Conducting effective inspections and reporting
- Inspection monitoring and follow-up
This Workplace Inspections online training course was designed for employers, managers, supervisors, and health & safety committee members, but anyone who wishes to learn about workplace inspections will benefit from taking this course.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.