Working at heights is a common activity, but it can pose serious hazards. Protect your workers by managing the risks of working at heights. Learn to assess and control hazards related to working at heights, including fall prevention and fall protection. Key topics include fall prevention techniques, emergency preparedness, and safe use of ladders, scaffolds, lifts and platforms. This introductory course should be supplemented by further instruction and hands-on training that is specific to the job. This online Working at Heights training course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives:
By taking this online Working at Heights training course, the user will learn:
- Identify common hazards related to work at heights
- Describe the preferred order (hierarchy) of preventive measures for work at heights
- Use safe work practices for preventing falls
- Understand common methods of minimizing injury should a fall occur
- Take action to prepare for emergencies related to work at heights
This online Working at Heights training course is made up of the following sections:
- Assessing hazards and safe working practices
- Fall prevention techniques
- Minimizing fall injuries with fall protection measures
- Emergency preparedness
- Safe use of ladders, scaffolds, lifts and platforms
This online Working at Heights training course was designed for employers, managers, and supervisors. Workers and contractors who perform work at heights, as well as health and safety committee members.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.