The rules regarding what is fair and unfair competition affect virtually all of our company's business decisions – hiring, marketing, sales, customer relations, and research and development, among others – and are important for you to understand. Violations of these rules can be very damaging to the company generally and, in some cases, to individual employees.
This Unfair Competition online training course will help you recognize situations presenting unfair competition issues and how to deal with them properly. This course will explain the purpose of unfair competition laws, identify the categories, explain the difference between infringements and misrepresentation and discuss remedies available for acts of unfair competition.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Unfair Competition course, the user will learn to:
- Explain the purpose of unfair competition laws
- Identify the categories of unfair competition that are addressed by unfair competition laws
- Briefly define what is meant by "interference with business relationships", "misappropriation of trade secrets", "false advertising" and "trade libel"
- Distinguish between infringement of copyright, infringement of trademark, and infringement of patent
- Distinguish between intentional misrepresentation, innocent misrepresentation, and negligent misrepresentation
- Briefly discuss remedies available for acts of unfair competition
This online Unfair Competition course is made up of the following sections:
- Interference with Business Relationships and Trade Secrets
- Infringement, Misrepresentation and False Advertising
This Unfair Competition online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.