The Consumer Credit Protection Act is comprised of several pieces of legislation relating to consumer credit. This Consumer Credit Protection Act online training course will provide you with the information you need to know about the Consumer Credit Protection Act by discussing the relevant parts of the following pieces of legislation:
Truth in Lending Act (TILA) Regulation Z; Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA); Consumer Leasing Act (CLA) Regulation M; Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Regulation V; Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) Regulation B; Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA); and Electronic Fund Transfers Act (EFTA) Regulation E.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Consumer Credit Protection Act course, the user will learn to:
- Explain how different pieces of legislation inform bank consumer lending policies.
- Understand how to ensure bank policies and procedures are compliant with the consumer lending regulations.
- Understand the penalties for non-compliance with the consumer lending regulations
This online Consumer Credit Protection Act course is made up of the following sections:
- The Truth in Lending Act
- The Fair Credit Billing Act
- The Consumer Leasing Act
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act
- The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- The Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Additional examples
This Consumer Credit Protection Act online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.