The laws governing meal and rest breaks, wages and hours worked can be quite complex, especially for California employers. This Supervisor's Guide to Meals, Rests, Wages and Hours Worked online training course is a basic guide to meal breaks, rest breaks, wages and hours worked for supervisors in California. The goal of this course is to raise your awareness of this important area of employment law.
As with all aspects of employment law, if you have questions or concerns about a particular issue, please contact your Human Resources department for advice.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Supervisor's Guide to Meals, Rests, Wages and Hours Worked course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the federal and state laws that California employers are required to comply with.
- Recognize the differences between “exempt” and “non-exempt” employees.
- Identify the types of wages and other compensations that California employees are entitled to.
- State the minimum wage requirements in California.
- Review the categories of time that should be counted as hours worked.
- Review the meal break requirements for California employers.
- Review the rest period requirements for California employers.
- Review the California overtime pay requirements.
- Recall the penalties for wage and hour violations.
- Calculate hours worked and overtime pay.
This online Supervisor's Guide to Meals, Rests, Wages and Hours Worked course is made up of the following sections:
- Employment Law
- Wage and Hour Laws
- Meal Breaks and Rest Periods
- Overtime Pay
- Calculating Hours Worked and Wages
This Supervisor's Guide to Meals, Rests, Wages and Hours Worked online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.