This Skills for Interviewing online training course offers strategies and tips for valuable preliminary work and tools to prepare for the interviewer's questions. Key points will help you promote your best image and create a positive impression. You will learn how to follow up with the interviewer and how to negotiate the best offer if you are selected. Job candidates will find that this course gives them the A-to-Z of interviewing for a new job.
Understanding the basic concepts of effective communication in interviews will help you present yourself as the best person for your next job. Practicing your communication skills will prepare you to come across confidently and professionally in your interviews.
Numerous studies have ranked communication skills as the number one key to success in business. Hard work and superior performance alone are not enough to ensure success; coupled with strong communication skills, though, the combination is unbeatable. Practice and preparation are essential. When you are at the employment interview, demonstrate why you are the very best candidate.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Skills for Interviewing course, the user will learn to:
- Recall basic concepts of effective communication in an interview.
- Discuss screening and decision interviews.
- Explain the difference between traditional and behavioral interviews.
- Recognize the importance of preparation for the job interview.
- Identify questions to ask during an interview.
- Explain how to conduct yourself during an interview in unusual settings.
- List the reasons why interviews go wrong.
This online Skills for Interviewing course is made up of the following sections:
- Basic Interview Concepts
- Screening and Decision Interviews
- Behavioral Interviews
- Interview Dynamics
- Interviews in Unusual Settings
This Skills for Interviewing online training course was designed for employees interviewing for a new job.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.