This Shaping the Market to Your Advantage online training course explores Strategic Purchasing, which is based on the premise that buyers can develop and change the supply market within which they function. Although the techniques and approaches discussed in this course may seem simple, they are not always easy to apply and require dedication and persistence; however, if followed through, they will be very rewarding. When you complete all modules in this course, you will take a final test.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Shaping the Market to Your Advantage course, the user will learn:
- An overview of Strategic Purchasing
- The concept of purchasing as a business process rather than a function or department
- How to apply the marketing concept to the procurement function
- To carry out supplier improvement, which is one of several techniques buyers can use to change the market to their advantage
- How to create a supply capability where none currently exists
- To use the Contract Strategy Model as a guide to developing an appropriate Contract Strategy
- How to handle distorted markets
- About finalizing your supplier decision and detailing what is required to ensure success
- About integrating the Strategic Purchasing techniques
This online Shaping the Market to Your Advantage course is made up of the following sections:
- Shaping the Market
- Defining and Managing the Business Need
- Procurement Marketing
- Supplier Improvement
- Reverse Marketing
- Contract Strategy
- Monopolies and Cartels
- Integrating the Techniques
This Shaping the Market to Your Advantage online training course was designed for management employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.