An effective security program is an excellent tool for protecting work products, physical assets, intellectual assets, and personnel. This Security Awareness online training course will introduce key concepts in security, and provide you with a basic understanding of the security function. This course will outline the five primary responsibilities of the security function and review common security-related events, including crimes involving security. This course will also look at the monetary and non-monetary costs of crime.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Security Awareness course, the user will learn to:
- Define the terms "security" and "loss prevention".
- Identify the key features of an effective security program (who, what, where, when, why, how).
- Describe the five primary responsibilities of the security function.
- Explain the terms "non-crime event" and "crime event".
- Identify and briefly explain the three categories of crime.
- Identify the two main types of offenders.
- Outline the responsibilities of the institution's employees with regard to security.
- Define "reasonable and prudent care".
- Identify monetary and non-monetary costs of crime.
This online Security Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- What is Security?
- Security Basics
- Primary Responsibility of the Security Function
- Security-Related Events
- Crimes Involving Security
- Common Types of Offenders
- Employee Responsibilities
- Potential Costs to the Organization
This Security Awareness online training course was designed for security personnel.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.