This Reductions in Force online training course provides information on how to deal with reductions in the workforce. Topics covered in this course include the importance of carefully dealing with reductions in force, company rights, the importance of careful communication, tips on preventing litigation, how to prepare for the termination meeting, tips on what to say and what not to say during a termination meeting with an employee and tips on how to deal with remaining employees after termination in the workplace.
Layoffs in corporate America have been filling daily headlines for quite some time. Last year, U.S. employers reported thousands of layoffs. And in 2020, the losses have been far greater with the COVID-19 pandemic. In one month alone, more than 20 million people lost their jobs leading to a record unemployment rate of 14.7%. Whether due to budget cuts or performance, letting staff go is sometimes a necessity.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Reductions in Force course, the user will learn to:
- Recognize the challenges that accompany reductions in force
- Identify company rights with regards to workforce reductions
- Describe the importance of careful communication during termination
- Understand how to prepare for termination meetings and prevent litigation resulting from terminations
- Know what to say and what not to say during a termination meeting
- Understand how to manage remaining employees, after terminations
This online Reductions in Force course is made up of the following sections:
- Reductions in Force
- Preventing Litigation
- Preparing for the Termination Meeting
- What To Say – What Not To Say
- Managing the Survivors
This Reductions in Force online training course was designed for managers and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.