Noise hazards occur in many jobs and workplaces and can lead to serious disability. Noise is a common health hazard in the workplace. Exposure to loud noise can cause stress, and make it difficult for people to talk over the noise. Prolonged exposure to excessive levels of noise can result in permanent hearing loss. This Preventing Hearing Loss from Workplace Noise online training course provides an introduction to noise in the workplace and explains some of the technical basics of noise it explains how noise affects hearing and how to recognize noise hazards at work. The main focus of the course is hearing loss prevention and the ways to eliminate or reduce noise exposure.
Technical terms and concepts and the requirements of Canadian noise regulations are clearly explained. Practical and effective measures to prevent hearing loss and other features of a hearing conservation program are outlined.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Preventing Hearing Loss from Workplace Noise course, the user will learn to:
- Understand how noise can damage hearing
- Recognize situations when noise levels may be hazardous
- Describe the main components of a hearing loss prevention program
- Plan, select and use hearing protectors
- Identify methods of controlling workplace noise exposure
This online Preventing Hearing Loss from Workplace Noise course is made up of the following sections:
- Noise in our World and Workplaces
- How Noise Affects our Health and Well-being
- Components of a Hearing Loss Prevention Program
- Prevention Strategies
This Preventing Hearing Loss from Workplace Noise online training course was designed for managers and supervisors, health & safety committee members.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.