This Pipeline Construction Safety Overview online training course explores the requirements for constructing oil and gas pipelines safely.
Pipeline construction is a complex process, involving a variety of operations, equipment, materials, environments, and trades. The work is hazardous, strenuous, very fast-paced, and is often undertaken at remote worksites. Employers and Prime Contractors must evaluate the hazards and risks, put systems in place to mitigate them, ensure that workers are properly trained or certified to perform their tasks safely and that workers follow established policies and procedures. Workers must follow the safety training they have received and follow all the policies, procedures, and hazard control measures established for the worksite.
In this course, you will learn about the rights and responsibilities of everyone at the worksite, the steps in pipeline construction, the hazards of different types of pipeline construction work, and the ways to identify and minimize the associated risks.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Pipeline Construction Safety Overview course, the user will learn:
- The rights and responsibilities of pipeline owners, employers, contractors, and workers
- How to recognize, assess, and control hazards on the worksite
- Hazards and safe work practices associated with drilling and hoisting equipment
- Common hazards and safe work practices associated with stockpiling and stringing, pipe welding, bending, coating, and inspection, setting in and backfilling
- Protocols for the safe operation of construction vehicles and heavy equipment
- Requirements for working safely in confined spaces
- Requirements for working safely at heights
- Lockout/Tagout requirements and rules
- WHMIS requirements
- Types of personal protective equipment and their use
- First aid resource requirements
- Requirements for emergency response plans and incident reporting procedures
This online Pipeline Construction Safety Overview course is made up of the following sections:
- Rights and Responsibilities of Employers and Workers
- Recognizing, Assessing, and Controlling Hazards on the Worksite
- Hazards Associated with Drilling and Hoisting Equipment
- Safe Practices for Pipe Preparation and Pipeline String Installation
- Vehicle and Heavy Equipment Operation
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Responding to Emergencies
This Pipeline Construction Safety Overview online training course was designed for employees of companies involved in all aspects of pipeline construction.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.