Two of the oldest forms of payments are checks and debit and credit cards. While check use is decreased and physical checks have not changed dramatically, processing them has. Cards have had a number of changes in their look and security functions, but also with some of the regulatory requirements. It is important that bank staff understand the requirements of checks and cards. This Payments 101 Part 1 - Checks and Credit Cards online training course provides an overview of the features, processes, and regulations regarding checks and debit and credit cards.
Checks and cards are widely used by both consumers and companies. Everyone knows how to use a card, but not everyone writes checks anymore. Using the payment instruments and knowing how they work and the regulations around them are two different things.
CPE Credits: 0.5
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Payments 101 Part 1 - Checks and Credit Cards course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the features of a check
- Identify the check participants and how a check flows through the system
- Understand the basics of the regulations that pertain to checks
- Identify the different types of cards
- Understand the key features of cards
- Understand the card processing flow
- Identify the card participants
- Understand the basics of the legal framework around cards
This online Payments 101 Part 1 - Checks and Credit Cards course is made up of the following sections:
- Key Features of Check
- Check Participants and Processing Flow
- Check Regulations
- Types of Cards, Key Features and Card Participants
- Card Processing Flow
- The Card Legal Framework
This Payments 101 Part 1 - Checks and Credit Cards online training course was designed for bank employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.