This online Mental Health Communication Strategies training course will explore communication strategies for both employees and employers/managers/supervisors to have that conversation about mental health issues, with the overall goal to help educate and increase awareness in the workplace.
People with mental illness successfully work across the full spectrum of workplaces. Some people disclose their mental illness and some do not.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Mental Health Communication Strategies training course, the user will learn:
- Understand the prevalence of mental health issues in the workplace
- Know how to help break the stigma regarding mental health issues
- Identify key steps that workplaces can take
- Develop good communication skills, including active listening
- Have confidence when helping co-workers to discuss mental health issues.
This online Mental Health Communication Strategies training course was designed for employers, employees, managers, and supervisors interested in mental health in the workplace. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) in collaboration with the High Point Wellness Centre.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.