Injuries are all too common from the use and care of machines such as saws, presses, conveyors, and bending, rolling, or shaping machines, as well as from powered and non-powered hand tools. If hazards and risks are not properly addressed, injuries such as crushed limbs, severed fingers, lacerations, and abrasions can result.
This Machine Guarding online training course provides an overview of the types of mechanical motions and actions that can be hazardous. This course will teach you how to assess their risks, recall the different types of machine guards and safeguarding devices and methods, and how to outline the legal requirements for safeguarding.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Machine Guarding course, the user will learn to:
- Outline the legal requirements for safeguarding
- Describe the basic components of machines
- List the types of hazardous mechanical motions and actions
- Recall the different types of machine guards, safeguarding devices, and secondary safeguarding methods
- Identify the hazards associated with common types of machines and tools and assess their risks
- Select control methods based on the hierarchy of control
This online Machine Guarding course is made up of the following sections:
- Safeguarding Definitions and Legislation
- Machine Components, Movements, and Actions
- Guards, Safeguarding Devices, and Safe Work Procedures
- Identifying Hazards and Assessing Risks
- Implementing Controls: Selecting Safeguards
This Machine Guarding online training course was designed for manufacturing, construction, employers, and managers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.