Goal-setting is not always easy. And sometimes, no matter how hard you try, there are things that can get in the way of even the most dedicated efforts. This Individual Goal Contract online training course will teach you how to achieve goals by developing a self-initiated contract that formalizes your commitment to your goals. These contracts come in many forms — they can be simple or complex, whatever works for you — and can be revised and renewed to further clarify and strengthen your efforts. And, by sharing them with someone who has a vested interest in your success, you can significantly leverage their impact.
When you contract with yourself (or pursue any goal, actually), deadlines always come into play. And while it is human nature to put off anything as long as we can, the fact remains that at some point the job has to be done. But no matter how severe, scary, or seemingly unrealistic they can be, deadlines can in fact be mastered and used as a tool to help you achieve your goals. All it takes is a deep breath here and there, a good pace, and a little simplicity and balance in your life.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Individual Goal Contract course, the user will learn to:
- Discuss the benefits of a self-initiated contract
- Describe the basic model of a self-initiated contract and how to expand it
- Recall external factors that could prompt you to change your contract terms
- Recognize the importance of not escaping your commitment
- Outline the ground rules for partners with whom you share your goal contract
- Recall what to consider before sharing your goal contract with someone at work
- Explain why it's important to establish deadlines and how to make them work for you
- Outline strategies for achieving relative simplicity in the face of constant deadlines
- Allocate resources in a manner that appropriately responds to the challenges you face in pursuing your goal
This online Individual Goal Contract course is made up of the following sections:
- Contracting with Yourself
- Reviewing, Revising, Renewing
- Sharing Your Contract
- Establishing Deadlines
- Challenges and Resources
This Individual Goal Contract online training course was designed for employees and supervisors.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.