This Immigration Law Primer online training course will help you recognize and respond to immigration issues that arise in the workplace. You will learn about the history of federal immigration law and the objectives of immigration law. We will also explain employment verification, penalties, procedure, discrimination, document fraud, and the visa waiver program.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Immigration Law Primer course, the user will learn:
- Identify some important historical dates and events relating to the growth of immigration laws and agencies.
- List the three main objectives of immigration laws.
- Understand the general rules, penalties, and procedures relating to immigration.
- Identify the purpose and importance of Form I-9 in the employment verification process.
- Describe the rules, penalties, and procedures established against discrimination related to immigration.
- Summarize recent immigration measures.
This online Immigration Law Primer course is made up of the following sections:
- History of Federal Immigration Law
- Objectives and Rules
- Document Fraud
- Immigration Law in the Post-9/11 World
- Change of Status and Visa Waiver Program
This Immigration Law Primer online training course was designed for employers, managers, and employees from diverse industry sectors, who are seeking compliance training.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.