The purpose of a hazardous occurrence investigation is to find the root causes, address gaps, and prevent similar events from occurring. As a federal employer, you are required to investigate, record, and report all accidents, occupational diseases, and other hazardous occurrences, as part of the Canada Labour Code, Part II. You must also support committees and health and safety representatives during the investigative process.
This Hazardous Occurrence Investigations for Federally-Regulated Work Places online training course familiarizes workplace parties in the federal jurisdiction with how to carry out their respective responsibilities when conducting an investigation under the Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, Part XV – Hazardous Occurrence Investigation, Recording, and Reporting.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hazardous Occurrence Investigations for Federally-Regulated Work Places course, the user will learn to:
- Describe regulatory requirements
- Understand various workplace parties' respective roles in an investigation
- Conduct a complete investigation
- Incorporate investigative activities into your overall occupational health and safety program
- Support health and safety representatives and committee members in carrying out their investigative responsibilities
- Describe how a robust health and safety program depends on employee reports, no-fault investigative processes, implementation of recommended corrective measures, and monitoring
This online Hazardous Occurrence Investigations for Federally-Regulated Work Places course is made up of the following sections:
- Investigative basics
- Hazardous occurrence investigations
- Analysis stage
- Developing recommendations
- Recording, reporting, and following up
This Hazardous Occurrence Investigations for Federally-Regulated Work Places online training course was designed for managers and supervisors in federally regulated businesses and organizations, such as
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.