This Fair Debt Collection Practices Act online training course explores in-depth the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a Federal law that limits the behavior and actions of debt collectors who are attempting to collect the debt for another person or entity. The law restricts the means and methods by which the debtor can be contacted including the time of day the contact can be made. You will learn about the legislation that has been enacted to provide guidelines to you, as a debt collector, and protect the consumer.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Fair Debt Collection Practices Act course, the user will learn:
- Explain the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Understand the guidelines of fair debt collection and the legislation in place to protect the consumer
- Comply with the rules and regulations surrounding the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
This online Fair Debt Collection Practices Act course is made up of the following sections:
- Findings, Purpose, and Key Definitions
- Harassment, Abuse, and Conduct
- Validation of Debt, Multiple Debts
- Legal Actions, Civic Liability, Reports
- Enforcement, State Law, Exemption
This Fair Debt Collection Practices Act online training course was designed for debt collectors and employees involved directly or indirectly with debt collection at a bank.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.