This Effective Approaches to Employee Discipline online training course explores employee discipline and is designed for employers, managers, and employees in the human resources industry.
You will learn guidelines about disciplining an employee, including how to inform the employee that they have engaged in inappropriate conduct, discussing the negative impacts of this behavior, and developing a documented action plan to change the unacceptable behavior.
By establishing a policy and documenting all incidents, you can keep your workforce dissatisfaction to a minimum, increase productivity, and boost morale. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to determine whether or not your current discipline policy is effective. You will also know the questions to ask yourself before proceeding with disciplinary action, and the steps to take if you proceed.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Effective Approaches to Employee Discipline course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the purpose of discipline.
- Identify the elements of an effective workplace policy.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of a progressive discipline policy.
- Evaluate your current policy to see if it is fair to workers while protecting company interests.
- Follow the basic steps of a good discipline process.
- Understand the importance of employee documentation and record-keeping.
This online Effective Approaches to Employee Disciplines course is made up of the following sections:
- Discipline: Purpose and Goals
- Disciplinary Steps
- Progressive Discipline
- Due Process
- Counseling and Documentation
This Effective Approaches to Employee Discipline online training course was designed for employers, managers, and employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.