With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, public health agencies advise people to wear masks or face coverings in public. The rules around wearing masks or face coverings in businesses are often confusing and inconsistent. Some customers refuse to wear masks for a variety of reasons. When a customer angrily refuses to wear a mask when coming into your business, who has to handle the situation — the public-facing employees.
Fortunately, with preparation and the employment of a few core principles and strategies, you will be able to deal with mask-refusing customers calmly and effectively.
This De-Escalating Confrontations Over Masks online training course will address why companies have mask policies in place, situations where customers should be allowed into your business without wearing masks, steps your company can take to address customers' objections, and methods for de-escalating a confrontation with an angry mask-refusing customer and bring about a positive outcome.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online De-Escalating Confrontations Over Masks course, the user will learn to:
- Explain why companies have mask policies in place
- Outline situations where customers should be allowed into your business without wearing masks
- Describe the steps your company can take to address customers' objections
- Recall the techniques for encouraging compliance with your company's mask policy
- Summarize the methods for de-escalating a confrontation with an angry mask-refusing customer and bring about a positive outcome
- Employees in all workplaces
This online De-Escalating Confrontations Over Masks course is made up of the following sections:
- Learning Objectives
- Mask Laws and Policies
- Planning Ahead to Address Customers’ Objections
- Approaching a Customer Who is Not Wearing a Mask
- De-Escalating a Confrontation with a Mask-Refusing Customer
- Securing Future Business
- Building a Lasting Relationship
This De-Escalating Confrontations Over Masks online training course was designed for General; Retail; Banking; Public-facing employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.