This Communicating at Work online training course explores the fundamentals of both interpersonal and organizational communications, it also provides a solid grounding in business ethics.
The workplace is undergoing profound changes. As a businessperson and, especially, as a business communicator, you will be affected by many of these changes. Some of the most significant transformations include global competition, flattened management hierarchies, and more team-based projects. Other changes reflect our constantly evolving information technology, new work environments, a diverse workforce, and the emergence of a knowledge-based economy. The following course reveals how your success in the new workplace depends on excellent communication skills.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Communicating at Work course, the user will learn to:
- Identify changes in the workplace and the importance of communication skills
- Define and describe the process of communication
- Understand barriers to interpersonal communication and the importance of overcoming them
- Assess the flow of communication in organizations, including barriers and methods for overcoming those barriers
- Understand the goals of ethical business communication and describe important tools for doing the right thing
This online Communicating at Work course is made up of the following sections:
- Communication at Work Today
- Communication: A 5-Step Process
- Reducing Communication Barriers
- Organizational Functions
- Oral Versus Written Communication
- Communication in Organizations
- Communication and Ethics
This Communicating at Work online training course was designed for supervisors and employees.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.