This Asbestos Awareness online training course was designed for construction workers. In this course, you will learn about asbestos and its uses, as well as its health hazards and methods of exposure control in the workplace. We also examine the health concerns and how to evaluate exposure to asbestos.
Asbestos materials are a potentially serious workplace hazard, and people who inhale asbestos fibres are at risk of developing critical, often fatal, illnesses. This course equips employers, workers, health and safety advisors, committee members, building owners, and property managers who are not directly involved in asbestos-related industries with the knowledge to recognize and manage asbestos-related risks in the workplace. Quizzes throughout the course and exam help to measure and encourage learning. The course was developed by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Asbestos Awareness course, the user will learn:
- Explain possible sources of asbestos in your workplace.
- Identify situations that could pose a risk of asbestos exposure.
- Understand how asbestos hazards are assessed.
- Describe common asbestos management practices.
- Determine when external resources may be required to help manage asbestos risks.
- Access legislation and other resource material on how to manage asbestos in the workplace.
This online Asbestos Awareness course is made up of the following sections:
- What is asbestos
- Many useful properties
- How is asbestos identified
- A serious health hazard
- Health effects
- Asbestos is still in use
- Many more uses
- Understanding asbestos hazards
This Asbestos Awareness online training course was designed for construction workers.
If you have any concerns as to whether this course is appropriate for you or your industry, please browse our full selection of online courses.